The OptiCool® data center cooling system provides close-coupled cooling at the heat source for low- to high-density cooling applications. OptiCool® is a low-pressure, refrigerant-based system which is adaptable to any computing equipment rack. The OptiCool® Cool Door® system attaches to the equipment rack and can support a variety of heat load and redundancy configurations while delivering unprecedented simplicity, performance and energy efficiency.
OptiCool® is vastly superior to conventional data center cooling, which includes computer room air conditioning, hybrid containment and in-row sytems. The OptiCool® data center cooling system provides exceptional energy efficiency (up to 95%) for a broad range of cooling applications from 2 to 30 kW per rack. Each OptiCool® refrigerant pump system delivers 210 kW of cooling capacity yet is only 40″ wide offering a dramatically reduced cooling footprint. In addition, each Cool Door® can be configured to support in-rack cooling redundancy at 20 kW per rack. OptiCool® can support both raised floor and non-raised floor environments.
Features and Benefits
OptiCool Technologies award-winning OptiCool® data center solution is the latest in technology innovations that maximize efficiencies in cooling, power utilization and space within the data center. This solution allows for adaptability to any rack or cabinet and is flexible and scalable enough to meet the needs of the data center today and in the future. Take a look at the features and benefits we offer and compare them to our competition. We believe you will see our differentiation is clear.
The Advantages of the OptiCool® Data Center Cooling Solution
- Close-coupled, refrigerant-based cooling
- Supports spectrum of low- to high-density applications
- “Active” heat extraction supports up to 30 kW per rack
- Adaptable to existing equipment racks
- Modular design scalable to support heat load
- Several design alternatives for redundancy
- Continuous operation during installation
- Easy access to equipment
- Exceptional energy efficiency (up to 95%)
- Reduced floor space dedicated to cooling (up to 90%)
- Opportunity to increase rack density
- Eliminates the need for a raised floor for cooling
- Reduces ambient temperature and eliminates hot spots
- Reduced maintenance costs
- Reduced noise levels
- Energy efficiency incentive funding available